2009 Transit Connect non runner
Into our workshop came this connect that after being left for a couple of weeks wouldn’t start. A new battery […]READ MORE -
Into our workshop came this connect that after being left for a couple of weeks wouldn’t start. A new battery had already been tried but problem remained. A code read revealed ecu processor internal faults so the ecu was accessed and removed
The ecu was opened to check the pcb
Once apart the fault was obvious
This is unrepairable and a new one expensive. So a 2nd hand unit was sourced and fitted. With the correct equipment this was done quickly.
The Ford immobliser system known as PATS has to be matched in the ecu and instrument cluster. To do this you need to access security in the cluster for which you need a code.
The vehicle gives you an outcode and this equipment gives you the incode response. When entered diagnostic equipment then matches ecu to cluster and vehicle started straight away.
We suspected damage was done due to jump starting and putting the leads on the wrong way. Luckily for the customer no other damage was done.
Volvo came in for the tow electrics to be wired up. We may not be the cheapest but our work is 2nd to none. Not a butt connector in sight all connections soldered and water proofed. Do it right do it once
This vehicle came to us as a non runner, 3 other technicians had already been out to the vehicle to try and fix the trouble without success.
Reading the vehicle with a diagnostic device showed various communication errors between modules. Knowing BMW cars we knew voltage could be the reason so many modules were having issues. The battery was tested and replaced .
Then with the correct tools we are able to repair the coding errors
With the coding complete the vehicle started and ran perfectly.
In for airbag faults
Wiring for the system was checked and found to be OK upto the seat. So the seat was removed and stripped to gain access to wiring inside
On examining the loom you can see where the loom has been trapped and cut through
A simple repair was made and the seat refitted, codes cleared and tested.
This vehicle came to us with a problem with the gauges. With accurate wiring diagrams we confirmed the wiring was good.
A second hand set of gauges were sourced, fitted and with the correct tools the keys, milage and immobiliser were coded in
This vehicle came to us with locking issues. It had previously had a new interior fitted due to fire. A quick look at fault codes revealed antenna fault. On stripping interior to examine wiring it was found to have been repaired to a very low standard,
It was also found that the antenna was missing. A new antenna and loom was sourced and the wiring repaired to a safe standard. The locking worked without any programming necessary.
Ford Fiesta in for the radio not powering up. It had been to a ‘specialist’ that had tested radio and said it was a wiring fault.
These radios come in 3 separate pieces, the display, the audio unit and the keypad. With accurate wiring diagrams we were able to test feeds and grounds to the audio unit and also the communication lines know as Canbus, all proved good. So even though a radio expert had said it was wiring we have proved the wiring is OK.
We didn’t suspect the display as it would still have sound. The audio unit was checked for current draw and a thermal camera used to see if it was getting warm. This isn’t 100% test but an indication it’s working. There is no way of testing keypad, only substitute for another which we had available.
This proved to be the problem as it came on and worked perfectly.
Another job successfully completed without any guess work or unnecessary parts fitted.
Ford Focus with cutting out and losing power issues, diagnosed by us using reliable and presise test plans. Enable us to diagnose problems quickly and accurately. In this case the gauges were the problem and we are able to repair these saving the customer hundreds against new.
This vehicle came to us after another garage had failed to find the fault. The ABS light was on with a fault code for the signal to the rear left sensor.
The previous garage had fitted another sensor but the fault remained. Through tests it was found that the signal wirer from the sensor to the ABS module had gone to earth somewhere.
It was now a case of tracing the loom through the engine bay and the rear of the dash and under the carpets to the rear.
With the seats removed and the carpet lifted the fault was found. The loom was rubbed through where it was cable tied and the carpet was pressing on it. It must of been like this from new and had finally rubbed through. The loom looked perfect visually but experience in these kind of faults allowed us to find it quickly.
On this video you can see as we push on the loom our tester beeps as the wirer touches earth.
Another customer happy to get it sorted before the Christmas break.
This van was in our workshop to have a look at the rear aux heater. The heater is a Webasto that uses fuel to a heater underneath the vehicle.
This is the control on the dashboard. The green light flashes a code to help diagnose the issue.
The flash code on this vehicle told us that the system had shut down. So we had to perform a reset before we could proceed further. Once reset a code for fuel supply flashed up.
With accurate wiring diagrams we could trace the wiring to the fuel solenoid and found that there was a cut off switch circuit fault. We managed to repair the fault and confirm a fix with our thermal camera