2009 Ford Fiesta No Front Washers
Tbis vehicle came to us with front wash fault. Rear worked fine and as this is a single motor with […]READ MORE -
This car was towed into our workshop, the customer saying that they just came out one day and it failed to start.
Plugging in our diagnostic equipment brought up codes for immobiliser.
This car is based on a BMW e39 and knowing BMW quite well we were aware of communication issues between the dde (engine ecu) and the ews (immobiliser module).
We gained access to the module and were able to perform a coding of the module with specialist equipment.
The car started instantly and ran fine.
Peugeot 206 came in from another garage. The original fault was wipers and left indicator on all the time. They fitted 2nd hand bsi which cured the faults but the car wouldn’t start because the bsi is part of the immobiliser system. So we were asked if we could help.
With the correct information and equipment we are able to swop the microprocessor containing the information from the original bsi to the 2nd hand unit
Not a simple task as you mustn’t damage the circuit board when unsoldering and reattaching chips and not shorting out the connections.
Another successful job perhaps saving a car from the breakers yard.
This hybrid Lexus was in our workshop to have a front camera fitted.
A neat professional and safe job done. Another happy customer.
￼ into our workshop was this Hyundai for a wiring fault. The fault was traced to behind the dashboard. As you can see here there is quite a bit of dismantling to gain access to the loom.
This Audi was towed in as a non runner,the customer saying he thought it was a immobiliser problem. We checked for spark, that was OK. We checked fuel at the rail OK. We checked compression and air, again both OK. So if all things needed to fire are present was it timing? As we checked the fuel it didn’t seem quite right. We decanted some and found this
Water in the fuel. Next we had to find out why it was there. Bad fuel from a station? Leaking fuel system? After talking to the customer he said it had been laid up for months and on examining the fuel cap which on these cars is on top of the wing if had water damage in it
So we powered up the fuel pump to drain the system, ran some fresh fuel through and drained again, fitted new filter. Finally filled her up and ran the engine.
Exterior lights faulty – Into our workshop was this lovely Mercedes GL350. The customer complaint was with the exterior lights, some not working and some on all the time so flattening the battery.
A quick serial scan showed various communication errors from the rear SAM. Access was gained and straight away the fault could be seen
Water had gotten into the module and damaged it. The module was removed and stripped to see if a repair was possible. The condition of the pcb was beyond repair.
A new genuine unit was sourced and fitted. Adaptions performed, all external lights and all other functions controlled by the SAM were checked for operation and with everything OK the customer picked up the car, happy with a first time fix with no unwanted parts and no guess work.
Airbag fault – This vehicle came in with a intermittent airbag fault. Fault codes related to left hand side crash sensor.
To gain access to sensor passenger seat was removed and the carpet lifted.
Wiring was checked for resistance between sensor and airbag module and was all good.
All power and grounds were load tested at the module and found to be good..
The module was tested faulty. A substitute module was sourced and coded to car.
Another car diagnosed correct first time. No wasted expense on unwanted parts.
The roof on this vehicle was inoperative.
A fault code for left boot lock switch open/short circuit
The switch is located within this roof hinge. We tested switch OK. So the loom was removed and examined and a break found. We reset roof, cleared fault codes and the roof was fully operational again.